Monday, August 24, 2009

Jezabelle


Over the last few months, I've been asking Will if I can have a puppy. My brother Josh's roommate Taylor, has a Maltese-Shih Tzu mix and I love her. She is small and cute and has such a fun personality. While I LOVE my boxers I can't tote them around with me where ever, and sometimes I just want to bring my "kids" with me places. But also just having a small dog is so different than a couple of large boxers. After enough of my asking,(I thought maybe Will was going to surprise me with a puppy for Christmas, that's how long we're talking) Will realized how serious I was about it and gave in. So I started looking and after a couple of days, I found a Maltese-Shih Tzu and Yorkie Mix that was so darling. I brushed past them a few times because I wasn't sure that Will would go for them, but after I showed him he really liked them too. So we called the breeder and found they had the little girl we wanted, so we drove to Pleasant Grove to meet and take home our new little one. She is so tiny and adorable! I weighed her and she weighed 1.8 lbs...so you can imagine how fragile and tiny she is! My boxers look like Great Danes next to her, they both weigh over 50 lbs and don't realize the strength they have when they try to play with her only to knock her over completely. They've been getting so much better with her, and seem to be getting used to her being part of the family. I think Mia is having a harder time adjusting to her, and seems jealous sometimes, but that's pretty typical of Mia most of the time. I've been taking her over to my parent's house to play with my niece and nephew during the day and they are so cute together. She really seems to enjoy playing with them more than anyone else so far and the kids want to give her so much love and attention. She has so much fun running around chasing Elsie and giving her and Colt tons of kisses. Colt's reaction is so funny, because it's always so suprised and he does his super cute "ho ho ho" laughing everytime he touches her and gives her a kiss or gets a kiss from Jezzie. Elsie is such a sweet little mommy and wants to hold her and pet her. She likes to get down on her stomach and talk to her saying, "Hi Jezzie" over and over.



So far Jezzie has been like a baby and wants to sleep a lot of the day. She's been like any puppy and wants to play rough and tumble and bite us everywhere...but has such sharp tiny teeth and claws, sometimes it's hard to keep up with her. She's been very interested in the big dogs food and will find her way over to their bowl to try to eat what's in the bowl (which scares me that she's going to choke on it) or lick around the entire bowl if it's empty. She's been so fun to have around so far, and we can't wait to see more of her personality blossom as time goes on!



6 comments:

Shantel said...

Sooooo cute! If they stayed that tiny I might would get one some day!

Johnson Fam said...

She is so cute! I would LOVE to get a cute little dog for Ky to play with, but Ryan is allergic...go figure!

Mary DeMann said...

EB and CB love Jezzy so much. It's so cute. Jezzy is such a cute puppy.

Ryan and Rikke said...

So adorable! We've been thinking about getting another dog for awhile, and this may just push us to do it.

jill said...

oh my gosh she is darling. i love puppies!

Cody and Wendy said...

Oh Darla she is DARLING and SO tiny!! How fun!!