Monday, April 20, 2009

Finally!

I am happy to announce my backyard is finally finished! When I bought this house 3 years ago there were things I wanted to accomplish on the backyard that never quite got finished...they were just too big of projects for me to take on by myself. Now that I've got a good ole hubby around to help with these things, I'm starting to see projects get started and finished with his help!

Will and I started a couple of months ago by building a new gate on the side of the house for the dog run...then spent a couple of days and took a couple of truckloads of junk to the dump (mostly branches from the previous owner stashing them there) from cleaning up the side of the house. We then worked on clearing up the backyard of the branches I've piled up from cutting down a couple of Chinese Elm trees, as well as from my apple tree that split last year. We were able to rip out a couple more small Chinese Elms and a couple of HUGE flowering bushes as well as digging and ripping up a couple of stumps and grinding another couple under the ground enough to lay sod over them. Will has been such a hard worker and I am so glad we were partners in making the backyard look beautiful. Will spent a few hard working days putting in a sprinkler system all on his own and I couldn't be happier that I won't have to move a sprinkler around and will be able to water the lawn in the wee hours of the morning, when it's most effective! Here a a bunch of pictures showing the transformation over the last 2 months...
Beware, there are going to be a TON of pictures to go through, it was a long process!



















Now all that's left to do is accessorize my patio and make that brighter to match our bright green grass! We have tons more projects lined up for us to do to make the house look better...paint the outside of the house and put up new siding and rain gutters along the tops of the house/roof. I need to finish the front yard...I tore up all my rose bushes and now need to find new bushes and flowers to plant there, as well as nurse my lawn in the front back to health, it's not looking so good right now! One day, huh?

5 comments:

Cody and Wendy said...

WOW!!! Cody and I are just sitting here looking at these AMAZING pictures - Cody's exact words, "Wow, that's impressive! What a handy man she has there. He did a REALLY good job - he knows how to do it all!" What a beautiful back yard you have. Job well done!

katie said...

i will copy what wendy said, wow! i am also impressed! i am very jealous of your backyard, so much room, real grass...ahh...one day. our apartment is so funny, the walkways between buildings is really narrow...so much so that they can't get a riding mower in. so, they improvise and layed down astroturf. it is pretty comical, but green all year round!

i hope that you guys have tons of backyard parties and bbq's! it looks really great! congrats! :)

Mary DeMann said...

Sorry we missed your first BBQ- since you did your sod yourself we didn't think your BBQ was still going on. You yard looks amazing! Can I come roll around in the grass?

Heather said...

That's so nice that you have such a big back yard. Pretty rare these days. I'll be good for the kiddies... =)

jill said...

wow that is a great backyard area!