Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sleeping Beauty



Little Elsie Bug

So on Sunday when we got to my mom's house, my sister in law, Mary, and my niece, Elsie greeted us and Mary told me she had a story for me, but to not be offended. They've been reading a lot of books with Elsie lately, but she especially loves to read her Sleeping Beauty book, which is basically just pictures taken from the movie and put into a shortened book version...anyway, she has all the characters named in the book. Aurora is Mary (mommy) and the prince charming is Bryce (daddy)...a couple of the fairies and the kings are both of the grandparents...well for some reason Elsie has picked out the evil witch Maleficent as me! Mary went to get the book and sat down to read it with her...sure enough as soon as she got to a page with Maleficent's picture, Elsie said, "There's Darla, Hi Darla!". Now, she doesn't seem scared of this witch, so maybe it's not as bad as I'm taking it? Ha Ha! Maybe I'll take it as a compliment that she's putting me as a character in her book at all! :)


4 comments:

Shantel said...

That is so funny!!! Just be glad that she has included you!

Mary DeMann said...

I don't know why Elsie think's that is you. At least you made it in the book!

jill said...

wow you certainly don't look anything like her :) Gotta love kids!

Liz Lambson said...

Wow--I was so frightened by Maleficent, I think she's pretty much the scariest Disney villain ever! I don't see much resemblance. Great looking backyard! I'm glad we're blog friends!