Friday, October 17, 2008

A couple of great days!

On Wednesday night, Will came home to hang out with me for a couple of days. He got home around 8 PM and it was so good to see him. I'm such an emotional person, I couldn't help but cry when I saw him. It just made me so happy! I hadn't seen him for 16 days, which is just a little bit too long! I took Thursday and Friday off of work to just be with him the whole time.

Thursday we slept in till about 8:30, till someone at work called with a small emergency they neeed my help with. After I got it taken care of we got the day lazily started and got a couple of small things done before heading to one of our favorite Mexican food spots, by our work. I don't know what it is about it, but I love their food and the people there are awesome! Usually Will and I will eat there for lunch every week, so I was starting to have withdrawals, since I try to bring lunch with me to work, when Will is gone. After lunch we drove up to Logan and stayed at a Bed and Breakfast! It was at an old Church called Providence Inn. It was really cute and cozy there. I love taking relaxing baths, so I had to find somewhere with a nice big jetted tub! The bubble bath was so heavenly! We got up today, earlier than Thursday, to be at breakfast, which was really yummy french toast, bacon, eggs and hash browns! It was the perfect little getaway, and I can't wait to head up there again! One of the rooms I really wanted was booked, so we will have to go again, to stay in all the different rooms!




I was sad to drop Will back off at the airport this evening, so he could head back out and get some more work done on one of the lifts. If everything goes good, without too many problems, Will should be back home by the end of next week. He's got a couple of things he needs to do here at home, so I may have him to myself for a week or so before he needs to head out again. I really am just grateful to have a husband that works so hard. It's nice to know that one day, if and when we have kids, it'll be possible for me to stay at home with them, because he is so good at what he does and really enjoys it. I love Will so much, and can't imagine life without him...spending these last couple of days with him, just made me realize it even more. You know that cheesy line, where people will say they love their spouse more than the day they married them? It really is true...I think the more and more we learn about our spouses, the more we learn to love them. I feel a deeper appreciation and love for Will daily. Just like everyone else, we're still learning and have our good days and bad, but he's my best friend and I wouldn't change any of it for the world!

1 comment:

Shantel said...

Oh Darla, I am so happy for you!