Sunday, October 19, 2008

My 7 things...

So after putting some thought into it, I've come up with 7 things to tell you about myself. Heather, who tagged me, said I had to tag 7 people after I completed mine, but I'm just going to tag a couple and they can keep it going. :)

1) I don't like to cook. I am bad at it, and it always discourages me after I've spent an hour or so trying to prepare something nice. Even the simplest things never seem to come out right. I either put too many spices in, or not enough. Or burn it, or undercook it. I will say, that our stove SUCKS and there are times that really contributes to something not turning out right, especially in the oven.

2) I treat my dogs like my kids. I talk to them like kids, I laugh at their little antics or reactions to things. I take a million pictures of them, especially while they are sleeping, because they look so sweet and peaceful. I love letting them sleep in my room with me, while Will is gone, even though "dogs aren't allowed on the bed". They are my sweethearts and I worry about them all the time and just want them to be happy and healthy.

3) My favorite thing to do is take naps. If I have an extra hour on any day, I take a nap. I even take naps in my car at work...it gets me away from the hustle and bustle of things and I feel great after I wake up. My younger sister always tells me she can't believe I'm always in a good mood after a nap...but why wouldn't I be? It's my favorite thing!

4) My goal in life (at this point in my life) is to have a nice house, with an even better bathroom! I absolutely love big bathrooms with nice big bathtubs! One of my best friend's houses growing up had a huge master bedroom. The bedroom and bathroom were all in the same room (with a water closet for the toilet) and there, in the room, was a big ole bathtub, that I always loved! I tell Will all the time, and he agrees, that our next house is going to have a huge bathroom! I love the house I'm in now (probably just because it's my first and I've put so much work into), but I hate the location and would really love a nicer home. One day...

5) I could eat at Chili's everyday, I love it that much! Our group of friends often goes to Chili's and we can spend hours there, just chilling and hanging out. We always sit in the same spot and get the best service, and we get whatever our heart desires, while there. But it's not just that, I love their food! Anything "boneless buffalo" is my favorite! Their queso dip and chips and salsa are delicious and when I save room, I love their Molten Lava cake! If I'm having a bad day, Will always knows where to take me to cheer me up...CHILI's!

6) I've been told I'm a "crazy fast reader". I never notice, but for some reason if I am reading the same thing as other people, I always get done reading it before them. I've used closed captioning (and can't stand watching tv without it, and realize just how much I really do rely on it) on my TVs since Jr. High and I think that's helped me become the fast reader I am today.

7) I know this might annoy some people...but I hate anything to do with politics. It bores me, and I don't have the strength to argue with anyone on anything. This presidential election has really bothered me...I get so bugged at all the negativity surrounding it all. I think that either of the candidates could do the job and run our country, and I think they both could and probably will do something that not everyone agrees with, while in office. I just feel like there's nothing I can really do about anything, so what's the point in letting it all bother me and dwelling on it? I know that President Bush made some mistakes (but what president hasn't?), but I can't let them get the best of me and become angry over it. I'll just keep living my life and doing the best I can, and hope that things turn out for the better in the end.


I hope you all learned a few new things about me. The people I'd like to see do this are: Mary Bess, B-Ritt, and Shantel!

4 comments:

Pilkington Family said...

I absolutely love Chili's too. Before Aaron and I had kids we would go there all the time...mostly just to go late and get the molten lava cake...now my sweet husband has learned how to make them at home. (its what I got for my birthday cake) and it tastes just as good!!! The next time we are in Utah we will have to go together.

Shantel said...

Its so funny how much we are alike. I love Chilis and I too am so annoyed with the presidential stuff. I cant cook worth crap. I can bake though!I love to make yummy treats. I want a huge bathroom someday. My bathtub right now is so small. All I ask for is a deep jetted tub. It would be heaven. Dang now I want to go take a bath. Too bad I have a quiz to study for. Blah! Well I will totally do this thing but I have to think about it for awhile.

Natalie said...

Darla! I am so glad you found me! Of course I don't mind that you added me, I hope you don't mind I added you so I can keep tabs on you. :) Hope everything is going well. I agree with the whole politics thing, it seems like it takes so much energy. And who even knows who is telling the truth anyway?

katie said...

hey darla. found your blog off of mary's so i thought i would leave a little note.

i am crazy jealous of your cute car...sorry about your accident!

hope you don't mind that i am adding your blog to my blog.

take care.

katie