Saturday, October 4, 2008

My poor car...


A little over a month ago, Will and I went and got a new car, a really cute Mazda CX-7. I've always been a nervous snow driver, and now that I'm married and since Will travels a lot during the winter, it's up to me to get myself dug out of snow if anything goes wrong. So we looked for a couple of months for a car with 4WD and decided on the Mazda. We found a 2007 for a great deal and had low milage, and are really happy with our decision.



Unfortunately last Monday, on the 29th, we were in a car accident driving home. We were hit by a guy turning from the median into a parking lot...who should have been yielding to all 3 lanes, not just the first 2. The kid driving isn't a citizen & doesn't have a drivers license. The owner of the vehicle showed up minutes after it happened and showed proof of insurance, which the officer said she verified. But when we were able to get a hold of the insurance company the next day they explained that the guy had not made a payment for September and they cancelled his policy the morning of our accident. The odds are terrible and sucky! I've started to calm down a bit over it, but I was so angry the first couple of days of trying to deal with it. I think I'll be annoyed till it's all done and taken care of. I'm glad I've got insurance and that I will be able to get my car fixed through them, but I'm mad that I have to pay my deductible, and pay for a rental car while it's getting fixed. The damage isn't huge, and the car is still driveable, but it was perfect before. I haven't gotten my license plates or made a car payment yet, and I have to deal with trying to get it fixed and looking new again. Will left the morning after the accident, so I've been trying to get it all done by myself. Things are better now, and hopefully things can get done this week, if work isn't too busy. :)

No comments: