Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pit Bull Scare!

We have a dog door on our back door, allowing the dogs to go in and out as they please. When Will is away, I let the dogs sleep in the bed with me. This morning they were ready to get up before I was, so I just let them out of my room and went back to bed. They can let themselves out and come back in if they want. Before I could fall back asleep the dogs were barking and growling so weirdly it scared me bad. I ran out of my room to see what was going on and couldn't see anything wrong. I was scolding them and told them to not freak me out like that (as if they really know what I'm talking about) and told them to go outside. They were acting strange and it took a couple more times of me telling them to head out, before they reluctantly went out the dog door. They did their weird growly bark thing again, so I went to the kitchen window to watch them. They were sniffing around, and then Mia found a good spot to pee. Well Bosley decided it was a good idea to then, in turn, lift his leg up and pee on Mia! I immediately opened the window to yell at him to stop! They both finished their business and walked by the side of the house, out of my view.

They were ingnoring me and not listening at all...then when they came out farther away from the house, what was following them? A PIT BULL! I started shaking so bad and yelled for Kylie to come help me get the dogs inside. I was so worried about the Pit bull deciding the follow them in, but he had another idea. My two came in, and he went out the fence (which is far enough to the side that I can't see if from the window, I have to be outside usually to have a full view of it). I went the the window in one of the bedrooms, with the thought that the fence must have been opened a little, but it wasn't, it was fully latched and in place. I looked around for a minute, having a panic attack all the while, and couldn't see where he took off too. I was able to get ahold of Animal Control, but since it's Sunday, it took over an hour for someone to arrive, and at that time I'm not sure where to think that dog could have gone! After thinking about it for a minute, I think that dog was in our house and that's what made the dogs bark the first time, and get me out of bed. I think the dog got scared when he heard me come out of my room and went outside. My dogs knew he was out there and didn't want to go out after him.

I've got the door of the dog door locked, and now am just worried about trying to keep it unlocked for the dogs during the day and at night. I really think that Pit Bull was in my house, with the way the dogs were acting. I'm not sure that he's a threat to them or me, but I really don't want to find out. It's so crazy that these dogs can get over just about any fence! I also thought it was kinda cute, and really disgusting, the way Bosley peed on Mia. To me it says to that other dog, this is mine, don't come near her!

Any suggestions on what I should do about the situtation? I'm just so freaked out, since I have no control of the situation! I don't want anything to happen to my dogs or us!

My two babies.

2 comments:

Mary DeMann said...

I would be so scared- I think I would have died.

Shantel said...

That sounds like it was pretty scary. Pit Bulls are very nasty dogs. I will never understand why people want to have them or Rottweilers. Glad to see you have a blog. We need to do lunch soon.